Bias is when a statement reflects a partiality, preference, or prejudice for or against a person, object, or idea.
- Who wrote and published the article?
- Who benefits from the information?
- Who have you also heard discuss this?
- Who is this trying to appeal to?
- Who else uses these terms/words?
- What is the purpose of the site or article?
- What are the verifiable facts?
- What do the language/images tell you about the author’s opinion?
- What does this make you feel?
- When would you use this language?
- When is it useful to use this language?
- What would you use this article as evidence?
- Has the article or resource been updated?
- Where is the information coming from?
- Where does the site or author get their funding?
- Where do they get their evidence?
- Where else do you see this story?
- Where else is language like this used?
- Why does the information exist?
- Why did this get published?
- Why does the article use the images/language it does?
- Why are people influenced by this?
- Why is this relevant?