FactSet features data and analytics on global financial and economic markets and companies.
- Financial data on 70,000+ public and private companies worldwide
- About 2,000 historical financial metrics for over 70 countries
- Historical financial data on 5,000 global indices.
Access to FactSet is available for academic, noncommercial use by students & faculty of MSU. FactSet requires registration for an individual user account.
Important Note: Accessing FactSet is very different from the usual method of accessing library databases. Please read through the instructions below carefully for important details on exactly how to access this resource.
Step 1: Registration
- To get started with FactSet, new users must first register and create an individual account using a montana.edu email address at: https://advantage.factset.com/academic_idrequest
- Upon completion of the registration form, ID requests are typically processed by FactSet within 72 business hours. You will receive an email directly from FactSet confirming your registration and with login information.
Step 2: Log In Using FactSet Connect (a web-based environment)
- Registered users log in
- As stated above, FactSet is very different from the majority of library databases. Logging in the first time can be tricky!
- For help logging in, please refer to the FactSet Connect Instructions: https://download.factset.com/documents/connect/FactSet_Connect_Instructions.pdf - or -
- Contact the FactSet Help Desk at 1-877-FACTSET (available 24/7).
- Email: email@example.com
- MSU faculty and students should work with FactSet for tech help -- they are the expects!
Optional Log In: FactSet Workstation (includes an Excel Add-In)
For help logging in, check the FactSet Connect Instructions above or contact the FactSet Help Desk at 1-877-FACTSET (available 24/7).