EndNote is a desktop citation manager software that also has two web versions:
- EndNote Basic: This is the free version of EndNote. You can sign up for it through EndNote's website here. EndNote Basic comes with limited features--for example, you will have less storage space than in the full version, and you will not be able to mark up PDFs within the program.
- EndNote Online: This is the cloud-based service that comes with the full version of EndNote Desktop. Note that you will need to install the full EndNote before you can use it. The full version of EndNote is free to all MSU students, staff and faculty.
Endnote Basic features
Endnote Basic has more limited features than Endnote Online, but you can still:
- Use on PCs or Macs
- Format citations in 21 different citation styles
- Integrate with Word to Cite While You Write
- Share groups with up to 1,000 Endnote Basic/Online users
- Save and organize up to 50,000 references
- Store up to 2 GB of attachments