The Juvenile Collection is located on the 4th floor of the library. Unlike the rest of the library, books in the Juvenile Collection are organized according to the Dewey Decimal System.
Non-fiction is classified into 10 main classes with many subdivisions. Books are then organized in numerical order.
Fiction is divided into FIC for fiction followed by the first letter of the author's last name (new books are including the first three letters).
To locate books in the Juvenile Collection:
1) If you know the author or title, use the search box above to complete a search.
1) If you want to browse the collection, leave the search box empty and hit "Search".
2) On the CatSeach page, select "Advanced Search".
3) Change the "Search Scope" to "Physical Collection" at the top of the search box.
4) Change the "Any field" drop-down to "Location" and then enter Juvenile in the search box.
This should pull a list of any juvenile books at the library.
Just a sample of available reference resources .
Just a few of the books on multicultural children's literature you'll find in the library's collection.