Location, Date, & Registration
Where: Riverside Country Club
2500 Springhill Rd, Bozeman, MT 59718
- Monday, May 19, 2014, 12pm - 5pm (reception following at 5pm)
- Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 8am -12pm (see full schedule in box below); Optional free WESTPAS workshop to follow 1pm-5pm. Click here to register for the WESTPAS workshop.
Registration: Please register by May 13, 2014.
Registration is open to invited members of the Montana Academic Library community and includes:
- Registration -- MSU and UM co-sponsor this event, so registration is free.
- Food -- Registration includes lunch and snacks on May 19, and breakfast and lunch on May 20, You are responsible for dinner on May 19.
- Name badge
Want to see who is registered? Check Here
Monday May 19th
12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm - 1:15pm Introductions and logistics
1:15pm - 2:30pm Keynote: Smart Libraries and Making Culture: Jason Griffey
2:30pm - 3:00pm Afternoon Snack
3:00pm - 4:30pm Panel: The Smart Library (Moderator: Jason Griffey)
-Attendees of Building Libraries Conference: Kenning Arlitsch, Shali Zhang, Mary Anne Hansen, Doralyn Rossmann (UM and MSU)`
4:30pm Conclusion of Meeting and Wine/Cheese Reception in Grill
Tuesday May 20th
8:00am - 8:30am Breakfast
8:30am - 10:00am Panel: Makerspaces - What are our users asking for? (Moderator: Jason Griffey)
- Bozeman Makerspace group, Daniel Simsler
- Engineering students robotics group, Joe Tasden
- Children’s museum Representative, Eleanor Barker
10:00am - 10:15am Morning Snack
10:15am - 11:00am Panel: Start-up Culture meets University Culture (Moderator: Jason Clark)
-Office of Technology Transfer, Montana State University, Nicholas Zelver
-Patent and Trademark Library, Montana Tech, Scott Juskiewicz
11:00am - 11:30am Breakout session
11:30am - 12:00pm Wrap-Up
12:00pm Conclusion of Symposium/Lunch on your own
1:00pm WESTPAS workshop (registration required)
5:00pm Conclusion of workshop
Symposium Steering Committee and Local Arrangements Committee
Symposium Steering Committee Members:
- Doralyn Rossmann, (Chair), MSU
- Mary Anne Hansen, MSU
- Jason Clark, MSU
- Scott Juskiewicz, Montana Tech
- Samantha Hines, University of Montana
- Wendy Walker, University of Montana
Feel free to email any of the above committee members with questions or contact MSU Library Administration at (406) 994-3119.
Accomodations & Dining
Accomodations: A block of rooms is available at the Best Western GranTree Inn. Call (406) 587-5261 or toll-free 800-624-5865 and use the confirmation code #807014 to get a room at a state rate of $83 (plus tax). Make your reservations by April 18 to ensure you get one of these rooms.
Or, you can check out other Bozeman-area hotels and motels.
A listing of Bozeman-area restaurants from the Chamber of Commerce will give you ideas of where to eat when not at the symposium.