EndNote Desktop Help
The latest desktop version of EndNote is version X7. It is available for Mac or Windows for free for MSU students, faculty, & staff as of June 24, 2014. Download the Windows or Mac installer. For others, price varies, but as of Jan. 2014: $250 or $114 for students. For more details on using EndNote, see the full online manual.
Adding Links to Full Text (OpenURL)
(Like links within our databases)
- Go to Edit/Preferences
- Go to OpenURL or Find Full Text
- Check the Enable OpenURL box
- Enter the following in the OpenURL Path: http://qs7th3bl8m.search.serialssolutions.com/
- In the arguments box, leave the default.
- To view, go to a full record display and then under the Reference menu, select the OpenURL link.
Off Campus Access
- Although we have a proxy server, it does not work well with EndNote.
- Instead use the VPN to connect from off campus.
- Leave the proxy field blank in the EndNote settings
For corporate authors (company names and governmental departments), enter the name followed by a trailing comma to avoid it being interpreted as a personal name and displaying like "Prevention, U. S. D. o. H. a. H. S. C. f. D. C. a."
If the corporate author name has a comma within the name, use two commas instead.