Quick Chemical Lookup
To register for SciFinder:
- Sign in with your NetID and Password
- Click the Register First! link
- Click Next
- Fill out registration form
- You MUST use an email address that ends in montana.edu!
The American Chemical Society (ACS) uses one citation style in most of its publications: The ACS Style Guide. The latest edition is available in the MSU Library reference collection at QD8.5.A25 2006 and see the links below for online examples.
One example for a journal article. Note that the date is bold and that the journal abbreviation and the volume number are in italics:
Holmgren, S. K.; Bretscher, L. E.; Taylor, K. M.; Raines, R. T. A hyperstable collagen mimic. Chem. Biol. 1999, 6, 63–70.
Many tools are available to help track research articles and format citations. These tools can be used to
- Save and annotate citations and PDFs
- Share citations with others
- Format citations in MS Word