What you can use it for?
The Innovative Learning Studio (ILS) is a collaborative and flexible space that can be used for a variety of group activities such as presentations, classes, group study, workshops, training sessions, or other MSU-related events. We are sure there are activities that we don’t know about yet but you will figure out - come and play in it!
Who can use it?
Activities that are part of course instruction have priority for this space, but it is open for use by any MSU-affiliated group on campus as long as one or more of the criteria below are met.
This room must be reserved through the Library and is not intended for semester-long use.
Requests to book this space can be made via the Research Commons Librarian or Instructional Services Librarian (see contact information below). Please include details about room configuration and technology needs at the time of your request so we can ensure the room is ready for you
Reservation criteria (one or more):
1. Enhancement of your teaching practice
2. Part of a Center for Faculty Excellence initiative to improve pedagogy at MSU
3. Need for equipment/technology applications not available elsewhere at MSU
4. Need to use the room in advance of an instructional session to practice with state of the art technology
5. As a requirement of using the room, you will be asked to provide us with feedback about how you used the room and the success (or not) of that use. Feedback form can be found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ILStudio.
What is provided?
The space is equipped with 12 moveable/stackable tables and 36 chairs to allow the space to be configured in different ways as well as 3 wireless short-throw projectors and 2 large wireless monitors. Additionally, the Library has a cart of 12 laptops for use in the space. White-board paint covers most of the wall space and markers are provided. To see other available technology available for check out at the library see, http://guides.lib.montana.edu/techcheckouts.
If tables and chairs are needed, the space will hold a maximum of 28.
By state code, the room cannot hold groups greater than 49.
For questions or to schedule use of the ILS:
Mary Anne Hansen, Research Services Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org or 994-3162