Company SEC Filings
EDGAR Company Search - To find corporate filings, use EDGAR. This can include most recent financial information (10Q), merger and acqusition information (Forms DEFM14A, DEFM14C etc.). A list of SEC filing forms can be found here.
LexisNexis Academic - This resource provides the full-text of SEC filings. Users can search by company name, ticker symbol, SEC filing, and more. It contains EDGAR filings from 1993 and additional full-text filings for another 4,000 from 1987 to present. To locate SEC filings:
- Select the Business tab that appear towards the top of the screen
- Select SEC Filings
- Enter search terms.
Mergent - This resource contains financial information, news about the company, capital stock including a history of dividends and stock splits and SEC filings. To locate company information:
- From http://www.lib.montana.edu/resources/business.php, click on Mergent.
- Enter the company name or ticker symbol and select the appropriate radio button and click on search.
- Select your company
- You can create a company report with which covers Company details, historical news and financial numbers and ratios.
- Reports can be exported to Excel, Word or as a PDF.
MergerStat M&A Database
- Go to LexisNexis Academic
- Click on Sources
- Click on Find Sources
- Enter MergerStat in the keyword search box and click on Find Sources
- Place a check mark in the box beside MergerState M&A Database and click on OK